The latest version of Windows is loaded with functionalities that make it very easy and efficient for users. Whether you are using it for home or professional purposes, the features are smooth and simple to understand. But that doesn’t mean that you will never face any issues.
One of the common issues faced by the users is the WaasMedic Agent.exe. So, let’s explore more about the same and get answers to various questions starting with what is WaasMedic Agent.exe?
What is WaasMedic Agent.exe
The Windows Update Medic Service, also known as WaasMedic Agent, is a Windows Update feature. The Windows Update component is repaired by this Windows service, which operates in the background. Users will receive Windows updates without interruptions in this manner.
Microsoft included ‘waasmedicagent.exe‘ as an assistance service in Windows-10. However, many users report that this system utilizes 100% of their disc, RAM, or CPU. This makes them unable to accomplish any tasks. The ratio of system resources used may differ from one system to another.
Though the risk involved is quite low, this gives scope to the malware creators to take advantage in mainly two ways:
- Create the virus to exploit the security flaws
- Injecting executable files as malware
Though the main purpose of WaasMedic agent exe high disk usage is to operate in the background, an issue with this can cause system problems.
So, let us look at the potential solutions of the WaasMedic agent exe.
9 Ways To Fix WaasMedic Agent.exe
There are multiple solutions to reconcile the WaasMedic Agent. Some of the solutions are quite basic that can be used with ease, while there are few where you will be required to follow a series of steps to reach the solutions.
So, let us look at the solutions in the series in the section below:
1. Disable or Uninstall The Antivirus
Having the antivirus installed in the system is common and quite important. But sometimes, your antivirus is the reason that is causing the issue. In such a scenario, the first thing you will be required to do is deactivate the antivirus. Once you deactivate, try using the system again.
There are high chances that the WaasMedic Agent.exe high disk usage issue will not be there.
- To Disable Antivirus Click on System Tray
- Under System Tray Right-Click on Antivirus
- Select Disable Permanently or you can choose it as per your need 10 minutes to 1 hour
Follow the steps below to uninstall your Antivirus software from your computer.
- Press Windows + R and Type appwiz.cpl and Click OK
- Under Programs and Features, you’ll find a list of Installed Program
- From the list Right-Click on Antivirus and select Uninstall
- Restart your computer and check
2. Remove External Devices
Sometimes, the WaasMedic agent exe issue can be due to the external devices like USB or HDD connected to your laptop or computer. The best thing is to eject the device and restart the system safely.
Try using the system now, and there are chances that the said issue of WaasMedia will not be there.
3. Try Disk Cleanup
The problem may be due to a lack of space on your hard disc. The Disk Cleanup feature makes it simple to eliminate unwanted files and free up space on your computer. As a result, the best remedy is to run Disk Cleanup. The procedure is as follows:
- Press the Windows + S Type Disk Cleanup
- Select the first option
- Select the drive in which Windows is installed
- Click on OK
- Select Cleanup system files
- Click on OK
- It will resolve the issue now
Important Recommendation: To keep your computer safe, we recommend all windows 10 users always use licensed software and don’t use any thirty-party antivirus software to protect your PC. And another way you should enable ransomware protection on Windows 10 PC to protect your computer from viruses is to follow the steps below.
- Go to Windows Settings by Pressing Windows + I button
- Select Update and security > Windows security > Virus and threat protection
- Here Click on Manage ransomware protection > Toggle On To Enable the Protection
4. Pause Windows Updates
It’s not unusual for Windows updates to fail to install all required files. The operating system will either display an error message or attempt to download it again later if this happens. The Windows Update Medic service may consume many resources due to these mistakes and re-download attempts. Follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings
- Click on Update & Security > Go to Advanced options
- Select days from 10 to 35 as per your preference
- Restart the system and use it now.
- The WaasMedic agent will not be there now
5. Disable WaaSmedicSvc Through Services.msc
To disable WaaSmedicSvc use Administrative Tools like Services.msc
follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R and Type Services.msc Click on OK
- A Services Popup Windows will appear
- Under the Services (Local) Find the Windows Update Medic Service
- Select Windows Update Medic Service and Right Click and Click on Properties
- Now Change Startup Type– Manual to Disable
- Click on OK to save changes
- Restart the computer try now
6. Disable WaasMedic Agent.exe Using Registry Editor
When nothing works, the WaasMedic Agent.exe disabling is the last choice.
So, here are the steps to follow:
- Press Windows + R and type regedit and click OK
- Copy the below path and paste it into the Registry Editor address bar, then hit the Enter button
- Under the WaasMedicSvc folder On the tight-side Double-Click on Start
- Then change value data from Whatever to 4 and Click OK to save all changes
- Now Restart your computer and check
7. Run DISM To Repair Windows 10 System Files
The steps are quite simple just copy-paste the cmd command to fix waasmedic agent.exe high disk usage.
- Press Windows + R and Type CMD and Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter To Run Command Prompt as administrator
- Now Copy & Paste the following commands and hit Enter
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After Complete Process Restart your computer
8. Reset Your Windows 10 PC
Reset your Windows 10 PC to fix waasmedic agent.exe high disk usage. This method will take hours to complete, so make sure you have a backup before resetting your computer.
Note: While resetting, remember that resetting Windows 10 will remove all your files.
So, you must take a backup. Also remember, that resetting fixes the error when you have faulty software.
Resetting doesn’t help when the issue arises because of faulty hardware.
To reset windows settings got to safe mode from Settings:
- Press Windows + I > Select Update and Security
- Now here click on Recovery > Under the Advanced start-up, select Restart now button
- After Restart Click on Troubleshoot under Under the Choose an option
- Then Click on Reset This PC > Select Remove Everything
- Complete the resetting process by following the on-screen instructions
- Reinstall your applications once resetting is done
- Get files from backup
9. Clean reinstallation of OS
If you can’t fix the waasmedic agent.exe disk usage using the above other methods, then you will need to reinstall the whole operating system. This will restore the basic functions on your computer. Make sure to take a backup of your data before doing this, as it will be deleted.
And if you don’t know where to download the Windows 10 ISO file, this article might help you to download and create a bootable Pen drive.
Though the issue is not quite common, this can cause damage y=to your system and files. It is important to resolve the same at the earliest to ensure that you have the best service in the long run. The solution for the WaasMedic agent.exe high disk usage issue is quite simple and basic, making it easy for all the users. Starting from deactivating antivirus to disabling the WaasMedic agent, you can easily update and get rid of the issue in no time.
if Techocen.com articles are helpful for you then please support us to share our posts on social media Thanks!